- Higher rates of malnutrition, as agriculture struggles to cope with changing conditions
- Higher rates of disease, as new geographic areas become accessible to bacteria and viruses
- Higher likelihood of conflict, as dwindling water and other resources force people to look to new sources and/ or take from their neighbors
- Energy prices should jump, as resource scarcity and associated conflict makes things worse in places like the Middle East, where tensions are already high
- Most devastating of all, Starbucks warns that climate change is expected to threaten the earth's coffee supplies in 20-30 years time.
Tuesday, October 18, 2011
Climate Change: The Ultimate Impact
An article over at BBC News discusses the effects of climate change, including: